The 17th edition of the Homeless World Cup will take place in Cardiff’s iconic Bute Park, right at the heart of the Welsh capital, from July 27 – August 3 2019.
More than 500 players representing over 50 countries will travel to Cardiff to attend the week-long festival of football, in what is to become one of the most inspiring Homeless World Cup tournaments yet.
Cardiff will welcome 64 teams from around the world. The Men’s/Mixed competition will welcome 48 teams competing for six separate trophies, while the Women’s competition will see 16 teams playing for two trophies. More than 500 players are expected to travel to the Welsh capital.
One of the most important components of the tournament is the referees! Without them, the games would not be able to go ahead.
Over many years and many international tournaments, the Homeless World Cup has gathered a dedicated group of international referees. Every year, they volunteer their time and skills to whistle with passion. Some are professional FIFA referees in their own countries, while others officiate as street football referees for various events.
Complementing these international referees are the ‘local’ referees and we are looking to recruit 12 referees from throughout Country to represent the FAW and Wales at the tournament.
The video link below gives some more insight to the tournament
- Be available from 26th July to 3rd August 2019
- Training with Homeless World Cup Head of referees on the 26th July 2019
- Referee allocated matches which will be played between 11am and 8pm from 27th July to 3rd August (matches and specific timings will be assigned nearer the time)
- Referee uniform, accommodation and travel expenses will be provided by the Homeless World Cup
- All meals will be provided throughout the tournament
- Must be available for the full week
- There will be 12 international referees and 12 local referees
If you are interested or have any questions, then please contact Laura Easton on email@example.com
Please register your interest by 14th June 2019.
Selection will be confirmed by 21st June 2019.